21 Restaurant (21 Vendeglo) is one of the best restaurants in Budapest if you want to try some delicious Hungarian meals by the Buda Castle Royal Palace. 21 Magyar Vendeglo (where vendeglo translates better as ‘inn’ but the place itself is a restaurant without a doubt) is located in the Castle District of Budapest, in the vicinity of the UNESCO World Heritage site.
Pros: real Hungarian cuisine without feeling too overwhelmed and heavy, dining in a friendly setting
Cons: no outdoor terrace, occasionally service was found not helpful enough.
Note: an additional 13% of service fee is automatically charged.
Cuisine at Restaurant 21 Budapest: traditional Hungarian foods in a lighter version
Wines at Restaurant 21 Budapest: lots of Hungarian wines including rarities and limited editions
Opening hours at Restaurant 21 Budapest: Mon – Sun from 11 am to midnight
Booking a table at Restaurant 21 Budapest:
Some of the main dishes on offer at Restaurant 21 Budapest
- Roasted fillet of Hungarian pike with asparagus and dill sauce 4280
- Fillet of catfish with roasted potatoes and “letsho” 3960
- Pan-fried chicken supreme with radish and spring onion 3890
- Chicken paprikash with cottage cheese noodle dumplings 3760
- Roasted breast of Barbarie duckling with nut “gnocchi” and sweet and hot paprika sauce 3940
- Baked leg of goose with butternut squash dish 3980
- Wiener schnitzel with potato salad 3460
- Veal goulash with egg barley 3960
- Roasted rack of lamb with wild garlic new potatoes 4990
- Entrecote steak with spring vegetables and béarnaise sauce 4990
and lots of novelties amongst the daily dishes on the balckboards on the walls
Last updated: June 2012